Safeguarding and Family Support
To contact First Response please call 0800 13 13 126
Safeguarding is ALL of our responsibility. This is a strength we have at Lark Hall Infants, to ensure our pupils are safe and happy.
Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Angie Doxford our Family Support Worker / Lead DSL - email@example.com / 01827 215333.
You can also email our Safeguarding Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below some of the services and support Staffordshire / Tamworth can offer to our families:
- Early Help Team - based in Tamworth - they work with children, young people and families to prevent difficulties becoming worse - for example, parenting support, behaviour management, financial difficulties, housing support. Please contact First Response on 0800 1313126.
- Malachi Support Service - they work with children and young people with difficulties around their emotions and behaviour, as well as families who are experiencing difficulties at home with parenting needs, mental health, employment, financial difficulties, housing support etc. Please check out their website - malachi.org.uk.
- Food Bank Support - tamworth.foodbank.org.uk - Manna House, Glascote opening times Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri 12.30pm - 3.00pm / St Andrews Church, Leyfields opening times Thurs 11.00am - 1.00pm.
- Warmer Homes - You could receive up to £200 worth of emergency financial support to pay for your heating this winter - www.staffordshire.gov.uk/covidwintersupport or call the charity Beat the Cold on 01782 914915.
- Payment Holidays - Struggling with mortgage / loans / credit cards etc repayments because of Coronavirus - Speak to your Lender and ask about Payment Holidays or tailored support. You have until 31st March 2021 to apply.
- Community Together CIC support for access to food, struggling to collect medication, befriending and check in calls, unemployment support, debt and finance support, home energy - Tamworth Telephone Support Line 01827 59646.
- Virtual Courses for parents / carers regarding supporting your child's development, early years, behaviour, meal times, bedtime challenges - contact email@example.com for further information.
Operation Encompass directly connects the police with schools to ensure support for children living with domestic abuse in their homes when there has been a police attended incident of Domestic Abuse. Rapid provision of support within the school environment means children are better safeguarded against the short, medium and long-term effects of domestic abuse.
Operation Encompass provides an efficient, confidential channel of communication between police forces and Key Adults within schools. This enables the immediate and discrete recognition of the child's situation by the Key Adult, ensuring a secure and sympathetic environment is provided and the broader effects of abuse are addressed.
Operation Encompass is a charitable organisation set up in 2011, which has since enabled effective interventions to many thousands of children who've experienced domestic abuse. The creators of Operation Encompass are working tirelessly to ensure that police and schools throughout the country are able to address victims of domestic abuse consistently and coherently.
Our Schools Safeguarding Team comprises of:
Richard Lane Head Teacher / Lead DSL
Angela Doxford Senior Family Support Worker / Lead DSL
Michelle Booth Head of Schools / Deputy DSL
Andrew Roberts Deputy Head / Deputy DSL
Our email address for safeguarding is firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number is 01827 215333