Chief Executive Officer
Mercia Primary Academy Trust
Children Returning to School on 1st June
Dear Parents / Guardians,
We have been looking at how returning to school will look, since the Prime Minister’s decision to reopen schools. I am making the school as safe as possible by creating ‘class bubble’ where children will have their own space and be in a small group of up to 15 children, with a teacher and other adults. These ‘class bubbles’ will not be having any interaction with other classes.
We will continue to produce work packs for children not attending school and these will be available online.
The school will feel very different and I hope the points below convey how seriously I am treating this, and all of our community’s safety.
How our school will operate:
- Children will be with one class teacher and the same support staff. They may not be with their original class teacher or be in the same classroom as they were in February
- A phased return means only key worker children will be in school on the 1st June
- School will be closed every Wednesday afternoon to allow for a deep clean. This is for all children including key workers
- Classes may be mixed age groups in some cases
- They will remain in the classroom for the duration of the day. They will not mix with additional groups of children in the other classrooms
- Playtimes will only be with children from their ‘class bubble’
- Toilets will be unisex, and classes will have their own allocated cubicle
- The children will work at their desks and will not sit on the carpet
- Children must wear clean clothes every day. They do not need to wear a uniform. They must have a waterproof coat on wet days. Coats will be kept on their chairs
- They will not be able to bring anything from home except a filled water bottle (named) and their packed lunch.
- No bags, reading books, pencil cases or phones will be accepted
- They will be provided with a see-through pencil case and equipment that will only be used by them – this will stay in school
- When any other equipment is used it will be sanitised before other children can use it
- Parents will not be able to come closer than 2m to any external entrance
- Teachers will not be able to talk to you in person
- There will be no hot dinners. Free school meal dinners will be provided with a packed lunch.
- Children can bring in lunch boxes or buy a packed lunch
- Lunch and break times will be shorter and will be staggered to ensure classes do not mix
- Corridors will be one way
- Children who have accidents and can’t clean themselves, will be sent home
If you are a key worker or a parent of a child in Y6 and have said yes to your child attending, you will receive a text message which will tell you your child’s class letter. This is particularly important as children will need to look for their class letter on the first day. If you do not receive a text message by the end of Friday 22nd and you believe you have registered for a place, please email the school office. Spaces are extremely limited due to social distancing measures, so only children currently registered will be returning on the dates specified.
Please arrive at the main gate at your allotted time (Key worker Y3-Y6 children 8:30am, Y6 non-key worker children 8:40am). Please leave 2m gaps from others if waiting outside. A pathway has been marked in the school playground, all adults bringing children into school will be expected to follow this leaving 2m gaps. This will take you on a one-way route around the school. Children can walk into their classroom from this pathway.
Year 3 and Year 4 Key worker children will be in the Bristol building. Staff will be holding the class letters to direct children into the correct rooms.
Year 5 and Year 6 Key worker and non-key worker children will be in the main building. Again, staff will be holding the class letters to direct children into the correct rooms.
When collecting children please enter via the gate near the front office and walk around the outside of the school. Please socially distance during this route and on the playground. You will leave via the main gate.
Y6 non-key worker children will be dismissed at 3pm. If your child is not a ‘walker’ please socially distance on the playground. On Wednesdays, children will be dismissed at 12pm. FSM children will, have their packed lunch with them when leaving school.
Key worker children will be dismissed at 3:15pm. On Wednesdays, these children will be dismissed at 12:15pm.
Key worker children will return to school on the 1st June 2020. Y6 non-key worker children will return to school on Thursday 4th June unless the Government guidance changes.
- Your child needs to bring a coat, labelled drink bottle and packed lunch (if needed)
- No Bags, reading books, pencil cases or phones will be accepted into school
- School will be shut every Wednesday afternoon for an additional deep clean
- You will receive a text with your child’s class letter
- Key worker children will attend from 1st June at 8:30am. They will enter via the main gate.
- Y6 non-key worker children will attend from Thursday 4th June. They will enter via the main gate
- Y6 non-key worker children will finish at 3pm. Please enter by the Reception gate
- Y6 key worker children will finish at 3:15pm. Please enter by the Reception gate
- Once again, thank you for your continued support, your cooperation, patience and understanding during these difficult and unprecedented times.